A ceramic coating is a definitely a great way to protect cars from damage caused by environmental factors and to extend the life of the vehicle's paint. Ceramic coatings creates a hard barrier that prevents dirt, dust and other contaminants from sticking to the vehicle exterior, making it much easier to clean and maintain a pristine look. The coating also provides protection against UV damage that can quickly fade paint, as well as minor scratches and chips. In addition, a ceramic coating provides a glossy, deeper shine, which will remain for much longer than traditional waxing.
What about Graphene?
Graphene is a strong, lightweight material made of a single layer of carbon atoms that can form a flat sheet or cylinder. Its unique properties make it perfect for use in ceramic coating formulations. It is an exceptional barrier to gas, liquid, and other substances, making it excellent at protecting metal and glass surfaces from corrosion, oxidation, and moisture. Graphene is also incredibly lightweight, making it perfect for coating lightweight items. Additionally, as it's highly thermally and electrically conductive, it can provide greater heat dissipation and resistance to electrostatic discharge.
Depending on the vehicle surface condition, perform these steps before product application. DARK MATTER paint protection's final result and performance will reach its full potential only if these steps are followed.
- Deep clean the vehicle, making sure to remove any previous protection.
- Remove all ferrous and other contaminants using ThePURGE paired with a clay towel. We suggest using LEGEND car shampoo or SYNERGY rinse-less wash solution as a lubricant to prevent causing damage to the paint.
- Proceed to paint correction/enhancement by using filler and oil-free correction compound and polish pop-up that gloss through the roof.
- Prepare the surfaces by cleaning all residue left using REVEAL pre-coat surface prep fluid to ensure optimal coating bonding to the vehicle surfaces.
- Before opening the bottle, shake it for at least 60 seconds, then let it sit for another 60 seconds.
- Apply a few drops of DARK MATTER coating on an applicator, spread uniformly one panel at a time, ideally on an area not exceeding 24'' x 24 ''.
- Wait for the coating to flash/haze, which should take between 10 to 30 seconds, depending on room temperature and humidity.
- Note: You will know it's time to buff off when the microfiber in contact with the surfaces feels a little bit tacky.
- Wipe the coating off in a circular motion using minimal pressure, ideally using an edgeless microfiber towel, until the panel is smudge less.
Like all ceramic coating, DARK MATTER, we strongly suggest avoiding washing your car, especially using chemicals for at least 10-14 days.
Durability may vary but typically the coating can only be removed by abrasion.
- It is resistant to chemicals with pH ranging from 2 to 13
- Static contact angle: 120°
- Slickness level: HIGH
- Graphene content: 1000 ppm
- If installed by a certified Installer DARK MATTER is backed by a 75 000 km warranty
* This product is sold only to trained professionals.
** To see if you qualified, or to register for the next training session in your area, please contact us at email@example.com.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.