DARK MATTER rGO: Reduced Graphene Oxide Ceramic coating
‘’Unleash the power of mother earth strongest* material’’
Graphene is not only the thinnest compound known to man at one atom thick but also the lightest material (with 1 square meter weighing around 0.77 milligrams),
But what motivation the car care industry had for playing with GRAPHENE at first:
Simply because it's the strongest compound discovered by men!
Being 200 times stronger than steel with a tensile strength of 130 GPa and a Young's modulus of 1 TPa.
What exactly is Graphene?
GRAPHENE is an allotrope of carbon consisting of a single layer of atoms arranged in a two-dimensional honeycomb network.
Being a carbon-based material, graphene oxide can be easily dispersed in polymer matrixes and organic solvents and that’s why it has been introduced in ceramic coating to propel nanotechnology to another dimension.
Prior to product application, make sure to perform these steps depending on vehicle/surface condition. The final result and performance of DARK MATTER rGO Coating will be obtained only if these steps are followed.
- Deep clean the vehicle making sure of removing any previous protection.
- Remove all ferrous and other contaminants using ThePURGE paired with clay towel. We suggest using LEGEND shampoo or H2Obsolete rinse-less wash solution as a lubricant to prevent causing damage to the paint.
- Proceed to paint correction/enhancement by using filler and oil-free correction compound and polish pop up that gloss through the roof.
- Prepare the surfaces by cleaning all residue left using REVEAL pre-coat surface prep fluid to assure optimal bonding of the coating to the vehicle surfaces.
- Before opening the bottle, always shake for at least 60 sec, then let the bottle sit for another 60 sec. Unscrew and open the cap slowly as it gas may have been produced in the bottle, this phenomenon is 100% normal.
- Apply a few drops of DARK MATTER Graphene coating on a microsuede swatch paired to a sponge block applicator, one panel at the time, ideally on an area not exceeding 30 cm x 30 cm.
- Wait for the coating to flash/haze which should take somewhere between 10 to 30 seconds depending on room temperature and humidity
Note: You will know it's time to buff off when the microfiber in contact with the surfaces feels a little bit tacky.
- Wipe the coating off in a circular motion using minimal pressure, ideally using an edgeless microfiber towel, until the panel is smudge less.
- wait 1 hour before applying a second layer (if desired)
''The good news''
Traditionally, ceramic coating from the past has required a long curing time, (like... very long) and was very sensitive to the elements like hard water, so you had to limit your shop capacity and for customers, was translated by a higher price and extended wait time.
But thanks to advancements in research and development, DARK MATTER rGO has proven to perform outstandingly well after only a few hours after application making life way easier for all parties.
Like all coating, we suggest avoiding washing your car with chemicals for at least 5 days.
''What performance to expect from DARK MATTER rGO'':
Durability may vary but typically the coating can only be removed by abrasion.
It is resistant to chemicals with pH ranging from 2 to 13
Static contact angle: 120°
Slickness level: HIGH
Graphene content: 1000 ppm
If installed by a certified coating installer, DARK MATTER is backed by a
75 000 km warranty for 1 layer
100 000 km warranty for 2 layers
May be harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes, Avoid contact with skin. Do not inhale vapours. Use the product in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of children's reach.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.