LAB-Elite Ceramic Protection program
The LAB-Elite’s Ceramic coating has been designed to protect your factory clear coat against most elements and to help maintain ‘’New Vehicle’’ aspect for an extended period of time. To maximize the effects of LAB-Elite Ceramic protection and to ensure product performance, here are a few basic maintenance steps you must respect.
Table of contents
- Do’s & Don’ts
- The Curing Process
- Maintenance at home:
- Spot and defect removal
- After wash
1.4 Annual Inspection
1.0 Warranty Program
2.0 Exterior Paint Warranty
3.0 D-TAIL LAB Textile and Leather 2-year Warranty
4.0 Vehicle Accident Damage
5.0 Making a Claim
6.0 D-TAIL’s Approved Agents and Installer
7.0 Warranty Limits
1.1 – Useful tips
Do: Car washes
1 - Hand Wash
2 - Touchless Wash
Avoid: Car Washes
1 - Automatic Brush Wash
: At Home
3– Wash with quality wax-less soap
4 – No Waxing required
5 – Use Quality microfiber towel
6 – Wash in the garage, under car pole or well-shaded exterior spot
: At Home
2 - Don’t wash in direct sunlight –
3 - Don’t wax or polish
4 – Don’t use abrasive brushes or other accessories
1.2 - The Curing Process:
Even if you can use your vehicle 24 hours after application, the full curing time can take up to 2 to 3 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature.
During this time, the following should be avoided:
- Washing your vehicle
- Parking under a tree or in an excessively dusty environment
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun
LAB-Elite will protect your clear coat from water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear, but it can get spots during the curing process and can be costly to remove.
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, tree sap, etc. during the first two weeks, immediately remove it following our care instructions.
Keep in mind the coating is soft; be gentle when working on the paint.
1.3 - Maintenance at home
LAB-ELITE is extremely slick, this means most things will dissolve and be pulled off by the product’s self-cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing, (especially with a dry towel) on the coating will ensure its longevity. Dry bird droppings, bugs, and tree sap can be dissolved using alcohol type solvents and wiped off with a damp microfiber towel.
- For best results, the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up. We recommend using FOMO or your favorite quality mild car shampoo.
- Avoid high volume brush style car washes and high PH detergent cleaners.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross-contamination.
- Use a separate bucket, one with soap (wash) and a second one with only water (rinse).
- Standard home washing
Use a foam gun (optimal) or microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Rinse it off with a pressure washer (optimal) or hose. Dry with clean quality microfiber towels.
- Spray ‘n wash self car washes
Select the high-pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!). Rinse car off with the high-pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
- Car washes Touch-less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes!
Never select the “spray wax” option.
- Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
- Only use 1st quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never use excessive force to remove spots.
- Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating. After Washing Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating.
Avoid using an automated car wash with brushes since it will void the warranty and affect the coating. LAB-ELITE takes up to 2-3 weeks to achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the first 3 weeks.
1.4 - Annual Inspections
Annual Inspections are the recommended process for ensuring the coating is maintained and care for the vehicle is properly executed.
- Annual inspections should be carried out by an approved applicator within 30 days before the anniversary date of the last service to ensure peak performance and warranty validity.
- Failure to undertake an annual inspection within the required period will void the warranty.
- A fee determined by the approved applicator can be charged for the Annual Inspection, which includes – Exterior Wash, Decontamination, Gloss Renewal, and Inspection.
Ask your approved LAB-Elite installer about the most updated product/method for your car maintenance since evolution is a priority to D-TAIL’s research team as we like to provide the best tips/products to our customers. Follow our YouTube channel and sign up for our newsletter for best practice, tips and to stay up to date.
2.0 - Manufacturer Warranty Program
2.1 General Terms & Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to D-TAIL’s LAB-Elite Ceramic Protection coating Warranty Program :
- Warranty term begins from the date of registration of warranty via our website, in accordance with the information provided by D-TAIL LAB Approved Installer;
- This agreement excludes vehicles used for commercial purposes at any time previous to, presently, or during the course of this warranty period;
- Initial application must be performed by a D-TAIL’s LAB-Elite Ceramic protection approved Installer.
- Any application, re-application, repair work or other work carried out on the coated surface must be applied, reapplied, or repaired by a D-TAIL’s LAB-Elite Ceramic protection installer after claim approval from D-TAIL LAB Inc;
- The D-TAIL LAB Agent must be notified of any claim due to failure of product performance within 30 days of occurrence;
- Vehicles over 3 months old must require a machine polish to be carried out by an approved applicator prior to application, newer vehicles may also require a machine polish if advised by the approved applicator.
- Vehicle must remain continuously registered within North America for the duration of the warranty; and
- The warranty is in the name of the vehicle owner and can only be transferred if the new owner attends the annual service. Failure to transfer through an annual service with a D-TAIL LAB certified installer within the required period will change the period of cover on the transfer to “1 year” from the date of the last service
2.2 General Liability Limitations
D-TAIL LAB Inc. or its agents, distributor and approved installer shall not accept liability for the following:
- Deterioration of factory-installed equipment or any other treated part of the substandard specification, materials or workmanship by the vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by D-TAIL LAB Inc.;
- Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surface, hard water spots.
- Pre-existing damage or deterioration; and/or
- Any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
- Damage caused by manual or automatic wash brushes, contaminated and/or abrasive cloths and sponges, untreated areas due to accident damage and/or their subsequent repairs, and/or damage caused by impact with a foreign object (i.e., stone chips); and
- Warranty is valid for factory clear coated systems only and excludes any non-clear-coated or matte finishes.
- Claim determination is at the sole discretion of D-TAIL LAB Inc, either approving the repair/retreatment by an approved applicator or refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of CAD$1000 and terminating the warranty, whichever is less.
- Email reminders for annual inspections are a courtesy and not receiving one is not an acceptable reason for missing your inspection.
2.3 General Warranty Invalidations
D-TAIL LAB warranty for any product will be considered invalid if any of the following general condition occurs:
- Neglect to maintain the vehicle according to the standards and techniques recommended by D-TAIL LAB.
- Damage caused by abrasive compounds and polishes and third-party products;
- Damage resulting from a collision or other vehicle accidents;
- Damage or structural failure occurs as the result of racing applications or willful abuse
- Damage, either accidental or malicious, including but not limited to fire, flood, extreme weather conditions, secondary effects that may result from the foregoing, or any other force majeure;
- Many areas of the country use road salts and chemicals during the winter months that can cause adverse effects on your vehicle and wheels, it is recommended to clean more frequently during this season. Failure to do so may greatly reduce the life of the product.
- Failure to repair and re-treat surfaces subject to accident damage in accordance with the warranty;
- Damage caused by any alteration or modification to the vehicle surfaces;
- Damage caused by manufacturer’s defects;
- Damage to the vehicle prior to product application; and
- Failure to adhere to any requirements listed under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
3.0 D-TAIL LAB’s Exterior Paint Warranty
The effect of LAB-Elite Ceramic protective coating is permanent and can only be removed by abrasive, sanding or machine polishing. The warranty will assure the optimal performance for the period of time below:
- LAB-ELITE Warranty is valid for 3 years for 1 layer application, from the date of application for any vehicle. This warranty requires annual inspections and becomes invalid if an inspection is missed.
- LAB-ELITE Warranty is valid for 5 years for 2 layers application, from the date of application for any vehicle. This warranty requires annual inspections and becomes invalid if an inspection is missed.
4.0 Vehicle Accident damage
Contact your vehicle insurer to ensure that any Ceramic paint protection is included in your insurance coverage. If the vehicle sustains damage and reapplication are required, contact your Approved LAB-Elite installer to arrange any additional treatments.
5.0 Making a Claim
The following applies to make a claim for any product defects or failures:
- D-TAIL LAB’s agent must be notified of any claim due to failure of product performance within 30 days of occurrence;
- Any application, re-application, repair work or other work carried out on the coated surface must be applied/reapplied or repaired by an authorized D-TAIL LAB’s agent after claim approval from D-TAIL LAB;
D-TAIL LAB’s Agents/ Certified LAB-Elite Installers are selected using strict guidelines and requirements. Only authorized agents are permitted to install and service any D-TAIL LAB Ceramic protection products. To locate your nearest authorized agent, please contact D-TAIL LAB to be connected to your nearest LAB-Elite Installer:
6.0 Warranty Limits
In the event of a warranty claim, this warranty is limited to the following maximum amounts at D-TAIL LAB option
- D-TAIL LAB or its agents shall arrange the necessary approvals for warranty repairs and coating reapplication to be carried out, or;
- Pay the owner of the nominated vehicle a maximum amount of $1,000 or the cost of coating application (whichever is less) in full and final settlement of the customers claim under warranty.
Approved Installer – An independently owned and operated business/company that has been approved by D-TAIL LAB or authorized distributor to apply LAB-ELITE’s Ceramic protection products.
To make a claim contact D-TAIL LAB at the following or contact your local authorized installer:
Email: email@example.com OR Toll-Free: (877) 518-5005
D-TAIL LAB Inc. Headquarters:
2900, Blvd. Losch suite 101, St-Hubert, Qc, Canada J3Y 3V8